Monday, August 22, 2005

CASE #1: STEVE + CINDY



SUBMITTED BY: STEVE
LENGTH OF RELATIONSHIP: 3 months
INFO: Cindy and I met through work, and began dating in January of 2005. We broke up three months later, because of general relationship dysfunction... Cindy was constantly doubting the validity of our relationship, so I broke up with her to save us both the misery and time. I had been broken up with her for two months - almost the length of our relationship - when we began this e-mail exchange. I hadn't returned her e-mail for a week, because I was out of the country for a wedding, and that was how it started.


----------------------------------------------------

DATE: July 7th, 2005
FROM: "CINDY"
TO: "STEVE"
SUBJECT: it's too bad


Hi Steve!

I guess I can take a hint. I am sorry you feel that way. I just wanted to let you know that I think you are a wonderful person, and I am sad that things ended with you not even wanting to talk to me. I don't blame you for doing what you did. I have finally accepted the fact that I need some help. I am sick, but I am on my way to getting better. If you had not ended things when you did, I would have persisted the way I was. You probably think it's funny or something, but I don't really care. You probably think that it is pathetic that I am still thinking about all of this, but I just wanted to send this email as closure for myself. The way I was acting was not due to some character flaw, like I thought, but because of an actual illness. I am happy that I am finally on the road to being more in control of myself. I am positive that I will find someone who will be understanding of me, and who will love me just the way I am.

Nonetheless, you obviously want nothing to do with me, and it is your loss. Hahaha...I am a nice girl! I hope that everything works out well for you.

Forget about the concert. If you cannot even bring yourself to talk to me, I don't think it is a good idea for us to work together.

Cindy

----------------------------------------------------

DATE: July 10th, 2005
FROM: "STEVE"
TO: "CINDY"
SUBJECT: RE: it's too bad


dear cindy.
i've thought for a while about if and how to reply to your last e-mail... i wanted to reply, but i didn't want it to seem like all i wanted was the "last word". after mulling it over for a couple of days, i've decided to just acknowledge to you that i recieved it, and that i think i understand why you feel the way you do. i'm dropping a line today to say that i hope you're doing well, and getting whatever help that you feel you need. i definitely agree with you about not working together on the concert, but i have no doubt you'll pull off a great party without us.
take care.
steve.

----------------------------------------------------

DATE: JULY 11th, 2005
FROM: "CINDY"
TO: "STEVE"
SUBJECT: RE: it's too bad


Holy crap you're a giant asshole.

----------------------------------------------------

DATE: July 12th, 2005
FROM: "STEVE"
TO: "CINDY"
SUBJECT: RE: it's too bad


cindy.
i'm sorry you feel that way. i was trying to be supportive, but i guess you don't see it that way, and i understand that. all i wanted to express was that i hope you're well, and since i feel there is nothing i can write or say to you that won't be misinterpreted, i'm just going to refrain from saying or writing anything more.
peace.
steve.

----------------------------------------------------

DATE: August 12th, 2005
FROM: "CINDY"
TO: "STEVE"
SUBJECT: none (handwritten letters)



(click to enlarge)

----------------------------------------------------

DATE: August 15th, 2005
FROM: "STEVE"
TO: "CINDY"
SUBJECT: letters...


dear cindy.
since we broke up, you have called me a coward and a giant asshole and not once apologized. you've lashed out at me for trying to be supportive of you, you've come to my home uninvited, and you've left me letters whose purpose is unclear. i've had enough.

i am dating someone and i am happy. please stop with this unwanted contact, because i have nothing more to say.
steve.

----------------------------------------------------

DATE: August 17th, 2005
FROM: "CINDY"
TO: "STEVE"
SUBJECT: hahahha


Hi Steve!

Ok, I will leave you alone. I sincerely hope that everything works out for you and your new significant other!! It's ok...I will find someone else to write random letters to...there really wasn't a purpose to them. I just like to write letters, and I felt bad for calling you a coward and an asshole, so I thought by sending crazy letters I would indirectly apologize. Hahahha...I guess it did not work out the way I wanted it to. Anyhoo, see you later, alligator (or not)!!

This whole situation is really funny...and I have acted in many a funny way, but oh well. It just taught me more about myself. Thanks Steve!

You probably won't respond to this email, but it is fine!

Your Stalking (but not really, just a little eccentric) ex-significant other,
Cindy

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...yeah. What a nutbar. Unfortunately for me, it all seems so damn familiar...

11:04 AM, October 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schadefreude indeed! This site is GREAT.

12:43 PM, October 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm.... wow. That's some whacked Sh**.

washable menstrual pads. WOW.

Schadenfreude.... agreed!

10:11 PM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger e-closure.com said...

actually, phigmentor, washable menstrual pads are a fucking great alternative to the expensive (and toxic!) tampons or pads made by money-grubbing multi-national corporations.

yeah, it sounds gross the first time you hear about it. but they're actually kind of sexy. just kidding. or am i?

seriously, look into it.

10:23 PM, October 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chr!st on a pogo stick... and I thought I was loony tunes.

I want this chick's name and address so I can FedEx her the remaining supply of my meds - she clearly needs them far worse than I do.

10:29 PM, October 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of her responses seem relatively normal, although she's a little on the strange side. However, the hand-written letter is just whacked! Maybe it was just an off day for her, but she does redeem herself with a normal response afterwards.

10:55 AM, October 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

prozak and lunapads rock. bitches.

6:51 AM, December 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the keeper kicks lunapad to the kerb.

seriously, she's quoting leonard cohen at you? man, she got drunk with a friend and tried to write the creepiest-sounding letter she could.--the sprite

6:06 PM, January 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! wow crazy woman.... man like i didnt even get it. that crazy letter like yea i understand how ill you are now!

10:12 PM, February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well she is one f*cked up chick, stay away mate or you will have a lifetime of her..and it might not be as long a life as you might want! hahaha creppy bitch

1:33 PM, May 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for her. Sometimes guys say things to girls that some way give them hope the relationship might go on. If you never replyed to her first letter she would of known it was over but you showing just a little sign of concern lead her to believe there is still hope you could change your mind about her and someday go back. I don't think she is crazy, I think she is just hurt.

2:22 PM, May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg this woman is crazy!! I think after the last email that you wished her good luck she should have let it go but by the guy responding to her emails he sort lead her own. I hope he was able to recover from this Psycho.

11:40 AM, May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

people always seem crazier in letters and emails than they actually are. especially emails. like the first one... clearly a week seemed like an enternity for cindy, having just put her self out there, and so eventually she just gave into the suspicions she'd been trying to downplay and went into crazy, hurt, dejected mode. so just remember, kids: if someone doesn't respond to you right away, don't start reading really deep into it. you are probably way off base and will scare the other person. that will make you feel crazy, so you will actually become crazy, like cindy.

8:48 PM, May 29, 2007  
Blogger sgt.shaw said...

I want a psycho like that to stalk me with as much admiration as she did Steve.

6:49 PM, August 05, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey MR. Who cares.. I am read this 3 years later and hope Cindy got over you. I got the impression you were doing her a favor by dating her and now that you are done...move on. Pig. I love how everyone blames Cindy and Steve is the good guy. I think Steve was and probably still is a player. guys like Steve make life hard for the REAL good guys.

God, I hope you never when back to that asshole.

10:27 AM, December 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this case is so much fun to read! How attached Cindy was to Steve and how Steve can't even tell her to leave him alone! Hello! Cindy was crying for help, help that she didn't know how to get. She needs psych. treatment badly! Steve needs to stop replying to her emails. Have Steve ever considered block?...there is such a thing.

8:57 PM, August 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home