Wednesday, June 21, 2006

CASE # 57: COLTON + ANGELA



SUBMITTED BY: A BY STANDARD
WHERE: ALASKA
WHO ENDED IT: COLTON
LENGTH OF RELATIONSHIP: 10 MONTHS
INFO:The letter that is posted here was submitted to Colton's own myspace where he posted a blog about his plans to break up. As follows is the blog and it's reply from Angela.


----------------------------------------------------

FROM: COLTON
TO: HIS MYSPACE
SUBJECT: For those of you who care.


I have decided to end my relationship with Angela. My reason for doing this is a feeling within. I'll use the cliche' "gut instinct". Its not that I don't love her anymore, or another girl caught my interest. I think it has to do with my freedom as a 21-year old man.

Serious relationships lead to one of two things. Either marriage or a break-up. I don't want to get married yet. There is plenty of time to settle down and raise a family. A time in my life life I look forward to and dread equally. Before that happens I would like to look back and say that I made the most of my time. My freedom.

Some may say that having kids will make you responsible. "It'll make you grow up quick." Fuck that shit. I hate growng older. I forbode every birthday. I want to be 18 again. I want to be able to do whatever the hell I want and only worry about myself. It's bad enough that I'm in the military, which means my freedom is scant at best. There is a large world out there waiting for me. Adventures and travels are yet
to be started, but are on the horizon. Before I dedicate my life to others I need to do this for myself.

Don't get me wrong. Angela is an amazing girl. I love her to death, and I'd live and die for her. She has been great to me, never done anything wrong. Treated me far better than I deserve. She has been my best friend for the past 10 months. I never expected to meet someone so special and so caring. I loved her, still do. This decision broke my heart. I only wish I had met her later on in my life when I was ready, but such things are not in my control. So there is no reason for regret. I will look back on our relationship with aptness. We had alot of great times that left me with wisdom and fond memories. I learned alot from her as I am sure she has learned a little from me.

We decided to remain friends and stay close. I hope it stays that way. Though I don't know how I will feel when I see her with another man, I only hope that he treats her as good as she deserves. I promise I will always be there when she needs me. For any reason.

Thanks to all who tried giving me advice. Though none of it helped. This decision was all my own. I would like to ask some of Angies long lost friends to come around once every blue moon. Especially now when she needs you most.

Angela, I hope this helped to make you understand. One day our paths might lead us back to one another. Only time will tell. I love the shit outta you.

"It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do"

----------------------------------------------------

FROM: ANGELA
TO: COLTON'S MYSPACE
SUBJECT: RE; For those of you who care.


Babe, I love you soooo much. I don't want you worrying about me with other guys, so far all they have received from me is the finger... I love you and I don't want to get over you, but you want your "freedom" and some space so I will respect that. I
definately want to see you at least twice a week, even when I move back to the valley, and every night I pray that "our paths will lead us back to one another". Thanks for letting me stay the night with you, you're a sweetheart. I love you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Thanks for letting me stay the night with you, you're a sweetheart. I love you."

Translated: "Thanks for allowing me to be treated like a doormat. Additionally, thanks for posting private details about our breakup on Myspace. Being the doormat that I am, I'm willing to overlook the fact that an entire Web community now knows that although you "love the shit outta me", you're willing to give it all up to shirk responsibility and regress back to the mentality of an 18 year old."

1:35 PM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said. "Breakups" that end with staying the night and not wanting to get over the dumper are typically a great way to go. Fortunately, she'll wake up within a couple of weeks. Then he's going to lose his damned mind the very first time he sees her with another guy.

3:57 PM, June 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posting "plans" on myspace to break up with someone is very nearly as chickenshit as breaking it off with someone via text message.

3:23 PM, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's what those Alaskans are up to all the way up there.

1:34 AM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home