Wednesday, April 19, 2006

CASE # 49: TED + VIRGINIA



SUBMITTED BY: Ted
LENGTH OF RELATIONSHIP: Couple Months
INFO: I came home one night and this message was sitting on my computer, in instant message form.


----------------------------------------------------

DATE: February 20, 2006
FROM: Virginia
TO: Ted


Virginia says: probably in your head, yeah

Virginia says:no pretemnd i didn't message you i still hate you

Virginia says: ps: dont hate you because of some drama thing, i hate you because you couldn't treat me like a real friend--- you could have waited to tell me, or just never said anything and it would have gone back to the way it was before.... but you had to justify yourself, and do it at a time when all i needed truly was a friend. i dont hate you... i'm just dissapointed in you. I'm disappointed you wouldn't

Virginia says: give me a small mercy. i know i'm weird... but man... your not the picture of normalcy either. I can't help being what i am, i'm one of a kind that's for sure.... and i can't be friends with anyone who doesn't appreciate that for what it is. its not the sex, i can say goodbye to that at anytime, its that i was never your friend, not really, not like Pete or Liz or whatever....

Virginia says:I think you were mad at me for something, or maybe you really are just a vengeful person... I never wanted to believe I was just another harbour in the night to you, and... well whatever i am i refuse to be that, not to you or anyone. I'm just sorry you thought I'd want to be around you ever again... I can't be friends with the faithless... i need all the help i can get.

Virginia says: Good Luck in everything Ted, i know you'll do well if you don't crush everything that actually sees you for what you really are.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh? i don't get it. did i miss something?

11:35 PM, April 20, 2006  
Blogger e-closure.com said...

probably not. this is all we got.

11:45 PM, April 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she was having a entire conversation with herself. His reply's was all in her head

12:20 PM, April 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the scene from Swingers, the guy leaving multiple messages on the girl's machine... making himself sound like a complete wackjob.

12:11 AM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger e-closure.com said...

(the Swingers scene. For kicks)


NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi. This is Nikki. Leave a message.
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki. This is Mike. I met you
tonight at the Dresden. I,uh,just
called to say I, uh,I'm really glad we met and you should give me a call. So call me tomorrow, or, like, in two days,whatever. My number is 213-555-467(beep)...

Mike hangs up.

Beat.

He dials again.

NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi. This is Nikki. Leave a message.
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki.This is Mike, again. I just called because it sounded like your machine might've cut me off before I gave you my number, and also to say sorry for calling so late, but you were still there
when I left the Dresden, so I knew I'd get your machine. Anyway, my number is...(beep)FUCK!


Mike calls back right away.

NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi. This is Nikki. Leave a message.
(beep)

MIKE
213-555-4679. That's all. I just wanted to leave my number. I don't want you to think I'm weird, or desperate or something... I mean, you know, we should just hang out.That's it.No expectations.
Just, you know, hang out. Bye.
(beep)

He hangs up.
Beat.

He dials.

NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi. This is Nikki. Leave a message.
(beep)

MIKE
I just got out of a six-year relationship. Okay? That should help to explain why I'm acting so weird. It's not you. It's me. I just wanted to say that. Sorry.
(pause) This is Mike.
(beep)

He dials again.
There's no turning back.

NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi.This is Nikki. Leave a message.
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki.This is Mike again. Could you just call me when you get in? I'll be up for awhile, and I'd just rather talk to
you in person instead of trying to
squeeze it all...
(beep)

He dials yet again.

NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi.This is Nikki. Leave a message.
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki. Mike. I don't think this is working out.I think you're great, but maybe we should just take some time off from each other. It's not you, really.
It's me. It's only been six months...

NIKKI
(she picks up the line)
Mike?

MIKE
Nikki! Great! Did you just walk in, or were you listening all along?

NIKKI
(calmly)
Don't call me ever again.

MIKE
Wow, I guess you were home...
(click)

1:22 AM, April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home