Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CASE #101: REGIS + KELLY



SUBMITTED BY: Kelly
LENGTH OF RELATIONSHIP: 1 year, 2 months.
INFO: Regis cheated on me not long after we were engaged. Please find below a copy of the e-mail I've sent him after six months of arguments and attempts at "working things out". By this point in time, I've decided that enough is enough, and won't be in contact with him again. Ever. :)


Dear Regis,

I'm terribly sorry I had to do this through a letter, but this will make us both a lot better off. Well, me, at least... This note will be the last memory you'll ever have of me, I'm walking away, and not looking back.
Don't let it get you all upset inside, because we both know it was completely your fault, no doubt about it.

It's mainly because of your inability to be mature, anything other than selfish, be faithful, be honest, or be considerate, that keep me from being even remotely interested in continuing this relationship, or any other, with you.
You'd be much better off finding a person that has a few less brain cells. Someone who doesn't require intelligent conversation or intellectual stimulation. Someone who is gullible, with the perceptive skills of a doorknob, and just to make life easier for you, with your womanising ways - and don't you dare try to pretend you're not a womaniser, someone who's interested in an open relationship, or at the very least someone who's insecure enough to convince themselves that they deserve to be cheated on.

I'm glad this is done and we're going separate directions for good. I really do wish the very best for you in life.

After this, I have absolutely no reason what so ever to be resentful towards you. I hold no bad feelings towards you, what so ever... Do you know why? Why, Regis, is because now, for every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year, for the rest of your life, you will remember me, and know that it's your own stupid fault that I'm not around.
You will resent yourself, and regret your mistakes, re-living them one by one, and trying to work out all of the ways you could have saved our relationship, stopped me from going.

For the rest of your life, you have to live with the fact that you lost the best thing that ever happened to you and it was no one's fault but your own. For the rest of your life, you have to live with the fact that you'll never find another person that you'll love as much as you love me. You'll find someone else, and you'll settle, but you'll always remember, and she'll always know.

As for me?
I will move on. I will be happy. I can leave this relationship for dead, knowing that I did everything in my power to make it work. Knowing that I have not failed. Knowing that I was never anything less than perfect for you. I can leave this relationship happy, because I have survived, and always done the right thing. I will never think of you again once this is sent. I will never miss you. I will never wish that you were here. I will never wish that I could have held you, or told you that I love you one last time. I have fallen out of love with you. I will forget you the moment that I close my eyes to sleep tonight, and I will smile before I do, knowing that you are never, ever, going to forget me.

Have a nice life,

-Kelly

3 Comments:

Blogger e-closure.com said...

do you miss him?

love,
e-closure

6:11 PM, May 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sure of yourself, he's probably livin' it up.

3:23 AM, June 03, 2009  
Blogger LaLa said...

A Bad Breakup

1:31 AM, June 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home