Thursday, November 24, 2005

CASE # 20: TOM + KATE



SUBMITTED BY: TOM
LENGTH OF RELATIONSHIP:
INFO: About a year ago I left Canada for England. A bunch of stuff wasn't going right for me at the time; I was working in jobs unrelated to my education which I hated, I wasn't hip with the long distance relationship I was in, and my mom died. This combination of events led to me putting my stuff into a storage unit and packing up to start fresh in the UK. I arrived with a smile but that quickly dissipated after about a month of job searching with no luck and cloudy skies. Then an idea popped into my head. "I'd come this far, why not go further?"

I bought a plane ticket the next day and toured around the South of Spain and Morocco for a couple months with plans of heading to Poland and Germany. However, a hitch would come into my plans in the form of beautiful Canadian girl named Kate.

I met Kate in Spain and we took to one another quite quickly. In fact, we decided that we'd maybe meet up later on our journeys. We met up twice more. It was the second time we met up that I decided to forget Poland and take in Italy and Greece with Kate. We travelled together for over a month spending every waking minute with one another during this time. We laughed, we cried, I made fun of her for tripping all the time. Kate had so much trouble keeping on her feet that I took it as my personal responsibility to remind her to not shuffle her feet and to, "watch where you walk. It was all a thrill.

Kate and I decided almost instantly that we were in a monogamous relationship but we were realistic about the whole travel thing - eventually she would have to head back to Canada and things would be over between us; a relationship with an expiry date.

Our time together flew by... we took in the cultural feast that is Florence, tossed pennies into the Trevi Fountain in Rome and ferried between Greek islands. The romance was surreal.

Our last couple nights together we were on a Greek island staying at a hostel. We both made new friends with different people, it just happened that mine was an attractive Philippino girl from Washington and her friend was a cool gay guy. We all got intoxicated. I chatted with my friend, while she chatted with hers... except she became infuriated and jealous as my friend and I laughed and smiled the night away. Eventually Kate wandered to bed and my friend and I decided to go and hang out by the outdoor jacuzzi. We, as all humans should do, flirted and chatted into the wee early morning hours. She went to bed, I stumbled home to my room with the assistance of the gay guy and waiting for me on the bed was the letter below. Kate was asleep on the spare bed across the room.

The truth is I never even kissed my friend. I wanted to, and later admitted this, but I didn't.

Somehow Kate and I spent two more nights together. During most of our final time together I was trying to convince her that I wasn't a complete dick and she mostly ignored me. We split up just before we arrived in Venice. Her last words to me were along the lines of, "I was in love with you." Mine, which I was planning to have more meaning, were interrupted when the doors to her train suddenly started to shut and I managed to barely yell out, "Remember Kate, don't shuffle your feet and watch where you walk!"

Surprisingly, we still keep in touch but I'm still not sure if she believes I never kissed my friend.

Tom


----------------------------------------------------


FROM: KATE
TO: TOM
SUBJECT:YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE



click to enlarge.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate overreacting? I think so.
tom insensitive? I think so too.

3:43 PM, November 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAJOR overreaction. But Tom, next time, get the spelling right.

5:29 AM, December 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her last words were "I was in love with you." His response was "Remember Kate, don't shuffle your feet and watch where you walk!".

Kate is in love with him and acts like it. Tom is an insensitive asshole and acts like it.

7:02 PM, December 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something similar just happened to me.
Minus the greak island and anything european.

Yep... Girls get jealous.
After a few, jealousy can be quite hard to manage.

Tom = asshole.
I dig the chick.

10:17 AM, May 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laugh
tom, you a dumbass.

5:06 PM, January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think kate was overreacting at all. that would definatly chap my ass.

7:21 AM, March 28, 2008  
Blogger April said...

All Tom's are trouble! And what was with the gay guy? What did he have to do with any of it? Serously..certain names are always trouble..Tom...Mike..and for the ladies...Kelly..watch out for any people with those names...

10:05 PM, January 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home